Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Foot prints on my butt!!

Thank goodness...today was the last Sunstroke Stampede 5k.  I ran a 3.75 mile wu and felt like crap in the 5k.  Leslie kicked my butt good to win the overall...way to go Leslie.  She looked super strong and smooth for the short amount of time I saw her.   No excuses for me...I could come up with a million but I won't.  We ran a couple miles to cool down and I totaled 8.66 miles in 1:22:00.  Jim Gelb won the male masters - all right!!  I achieved my goal...I stuck out the whole series...only 11 or 12 people did.
FYI - be prepared to have dorky paper chips on your shoes for most races in Austin with over 1000 runners (3M, Run for the Water for sure).  Even if you have a personal chip, you will have to use the paper chip.  Reason is that people were losing their plastic chip between picking it up and getting to the race and they don't have to collect the paper chips - they are disposable.  I think more people are going to lose the paper chips!!  They are working at making them smaller.
Mike W - I apologize - I tossed mine tonight before it occurred to me to take a picture of it to post.
I'm thinking of getting some nutrition help from Meredith - I don't have any race/long run issues and know the things I eat that I shouldn't but I'm hoping she can give me some ideas of fast easy things I can eat when pressed for time instead of junk.
Will do 10-12 tomorrow...I will!!

1 comment:

meredith said...

Kirsten - saw your blog through Geezers. The hydracoach is awesome, even though Geezer is intimidated by the manual. I would love to help you if you have any nutrition questions!
Meredith