Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm hungry (and bored).

OK it's 4:10 am at the jail and it's a pretty slow Sunday night. These days I bring one main meal and 2 snacks to get me through the night and eat them at the exact same time every night. Has improved the grazing on junk situation. However, I do spend a fair amount of time watching the clock waiting for my next meal time. Today I brought an EAS lite bar and had that with a diet coke at 9pm, had a salad and veggie burger with 2 slices of wheat bread and 1 slice of cheese at 1am and am awaiting my 5 am snack of cherrios, blueberries and kefir at 5am as I type. In between I drink water and chew gum to keep my mouth busy!
My biggest task tonight has been answering the phone (new employee working in the upstairs in the jail) every 5 minutes and answering the same question over and over. Right now there is a lady outside my office arrested for DWI denying she had anything to drink tonight...yeah...right!! Hear that all the time.
Plan tonight to run 5 miles at 6pm no matter how hot it is. My legs are feeling surprisingly good (read no pain or stiffness) after my long run on Sat. Those ice baths really work well. I did have some pain in my left heel on Sat. night but that was gone by the time I got up on Sun. afternoon.
I think it is time for some new shoes.

No comments: