Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New diet

OK - so I had my appointment with Meredith and have been faithfully following it. I have not strayed and eaten trash except one bacon/egg and cheese sandwich at the horse show. I ran 6 miles at a moderate pace on Monday and felt a little like I ran out of gas at mile 5. I was dizzy and nauseous as I took my cool down shower and it took me about 30 min to get rid of that. A little juice was all it took. I lost 5lbs in 6 miles - it was really humid if not all that hot and I don't carry water for short runs. I will attribute feeling so bad after that run to dehydration and low blood sugar. I need to figure out how much to add to my diet after I run to make sure I'm eating enough. I don't think a pizza all to myself is the solution thought. Both pizza's looked good though!

Tuesday, I met Jim Gelb at the Manor track and planned to do 3 - 2000m at 1/2 M pace. OK until 1200m of third one and my legs said no more so I stopped before I injured myself. I ran 8:55 for the first 2 and 4:55 for the last 1200. Felt OK after the last one - just some left foot pain. I need a massage and to ice it.

Got to work and found out we saved the life of some old guy at the jail last night when we sent him to the ER for no BP or peripheral pulses. Yay!! That stuff makes my less than ideal job worthwhile.

Plan to try and do 10miles easy in the morning.

No comments: