Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Continuation...

So, after being at work for 10 hours on Monday night, I went to the gym, ran 5 miles around Hyde Park (I felt really good), took a shower, grabbed a muffin and drink and headed to court. I parked by a parking meter near the court house and as I fed it a bunch of change, it suddenly said "fail". So I called the # on the meter (turned out to be 311) since I really didn't feel like getting a ticket. Met with my supervisor who said he had a message on his office phone saying I needed to be in court at about 1pm. He called the people back and said "unacceptable" and lied a little saying that if I went at 1pm I wouldn't get enough sleep to be fit to come to work and so then there would be no nurse in CB. They suggested I go home and come back and he lied a little again and said I lived in Bastrop (almost but not quite) but that they could get me a nice hotel room and that would work. Anyway, they caved and I gave my 3 min. of testimony at 9:30 am. Surprisingly the defense attorney had no questions for me. Got home and crashed at about 10:30am and ended up with about 6.5 hrs of sleep - not enough but OK. I am going to leave at 4am...take a power nap, get up at 8 am and take care of Riley and maybe do a short run and then go back to bed.
I see for everyone except the Tahoe folks, the run in GT is 10 miles. Seems crazy to drive that far for 10 miles so as long as I feel good on Sat I'll do at least 16 miles. Hopefully there will be someone slowish doing the 16 mile run.
My weekend starts on Wed. Yeah!!!

No comments: